Friday, June 27, 2008

DAY LIGHT SAVINGS?  You would think because the Japanese are so meticulous about things like trash sorting and space saving and working so hard, that they would pick up the daylight saving idea and run with it (much like they've done with cellphone technology). But they don't recognize daylight savings time. Right now the sun comes up around 5am or a little after and then is gone bye 7:30. We are in the longest days we'll have all year and I sleep through almost 2 hours of sunlight every morning. With the exception of the last two mornings, I've been sleeping through 2 hours of rainy clouds every morning. Very soon (about another month) the rainy season here in Japan will be over and then the only possible hours to spend outside will be those two morning hours that I will be sleeping because that is when it will be cool enough to breath. Maybe we'll start putting Lola to bed at 5pm so she wakes up at 5am and then we can go outside before the dragon sun has time to heat up and breath is fire on us.

1 comment:

tarakanderson said...

That's the best case for daylight savings time that I have ever heard! I would want it too! 7:30 is a ridiculous sunset time. Although around here, everytime we put the kids to bed they protest, "but it's not dark yet!