Friday, June 27, 2008

Today I had my first appointment with the Japanese Dr. out in town. And we saw our beautiful healthy baby with two eyes and a nose and two ears and two arms and legs and one round head. What we didn't see was the blue or pink booties he/she should have been so willing to show us. Now I have to WAIT ANOTHER MONTH OR SO. I don't think pregnant women should be allowed to go through such emotional situations. I mean, come one people. The anticipation, the stress of it all. I didn't sleep well at all last night because I was hoping the baby would be in the right position so we could tell. I kept waking up thinking about it and being nervous about it because I NEED TO KNOW because I'm going to WA on Monday and I need to know what color yarn to buy for the baby blanket that I am planning on making once I finally know the gender. Lola's blanket is green because we decided to let her surprise us with her gender. Well it's ironic how this time around we want to know and we can't tell yet. I guess the baby was in the fetal postion, imagine that, silly thing being in the fetal position!  Oh well, I just needed to say all that followed by the fact that we are very happy to have a healthy baby so far and we are looking forward to meeting this little one no matter pink or blue. God is good and I should just relax. I have other things to stress about like my trip to WA on monday with a little one on my lap. 

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooooh, sorry your baby was uncooperative! I've always been so nervous before finding out all of the genders of my babies, but I was able to find out every time because they've all been eager to show off for the technician ;o). I read on a pregnancy board once that it helps to each something high in carbs, like a candy bar or can of pop, right before your ultrasound because it helps get baby moving and gives you a better chance at getting a shot at the goods! Hope you're able to find out next month!

Sarah said...

sorry, eat, not each... I just woke up- definitely groggy!

AZChelsea said...

I can't believe you are going to Washington on Monday! I am going to Oregon on Tuesday for a week! Neely and I were thinking about driving up to Seattle to visit Jenny but it would just be way too hard of a trip with our two little boys! We're going to spend half the time in Portland and half the time in Salem. Have so much fun!!

Jenny vick said...

oh man! There is so much we think we can plan for....sorry you didn't get to know the sex of your new little person. He/she already has a sense of humor!! I will pray for your trip! it is wonderful and glorious and sunny here!! so far anyway! Lola seems so sweet and curious and smart...I'm sure she will find the plane ride quite educational! :) Take it easy mamma!

Jen Green said...

Sarah: Funny you mention that, I did have a protein bar right before in hopes of it helping. The baby was moving just not into the right positions. One thing I could tell was that this baby is going to have long legs.

Chelsea: If you change your mind and want to go to Seattle I can meet you somewhere between at a Starbucks refilling station!

Jenny: Yeah this one is going to keep me guessing. Lola is an expert at plane rides, she has done this one twice already and she's been to Hong Kong and Tokyo. So I'm more worried this plane ride will be educational for others who thought it might not be a good idea to put an 18 month old on a long plane ride.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip!