Saturday, June 21, 2008

PROBLEM SOLVED! (or is it?)
We had the Japanese maintenance men back in our house on Thursday and Friday. Thursday morning when I was washing Lola's diapers the washing machine stopped draining. I had also been having trouble with my dryer. I had to run clothes through two times and a load of towels would take three or four cycles. Oh and my toilet was still running. Thank goodness my washing machine quit working because then I couldn't continue to ignore the other problems. They finally figured out what the problem was with the toilet and hallelujah, they fixed it. They also figured out what was wrong with the dryer, there was a birds nest in the vent pipe. I knew it was a possibility there was something like that going on because I'd been hearing bird scratches in there. But the washing machine was a different story. They seemed to fix it by draining it but then I ran the diapers through a second rinse cycle and it stopped in the same place and wouldn't drain again. They came back the next day with a brand new washing machine and I haven't stopped washing laundry since. So now my washing machine has that brand new smell, my dryer only needs to be turned on once to dry a load of laundry and my toilet doesn't need me to come back into the bathroom and lift up the lid on the back five minutes after every flush. Oh and they took their shoes off this time too. But we did have one absent minded maintenance man who kept leaving his boots in the door and the second day they woke Lola up from her nap but it was worth it because now all my clothes are clean. One thing good about having a minimal amount of clean clothes is that it's not hard to decide what to wear. Oh and if you've ever been pregnant you understand how hard it is to make decisions. Tomorrow is Sunday and I have no idea what to wear. 

4 comments:

Maureen said...

I had to laugh only because I remember how hard it was trying to get appliances fixed when there is a major language barrier. Almost every time Douglas was deployed, our dishwasher would stop working and I'd have to try and figure out how to describe the problem in German and then also tell them that I couldn't understand their answer, but could they please just fix it. :)

tarakanderson said...

What's the song? I love technology. Hurray for modern conveniences and more than two outfits! Way to persevere! I had no idea that you had all of these issues. You don't complain much...

Jen Green said...

Maureen - Oh yeah, I should have told the guys my dishwasher doesn't work right, when the dishes are "clean" they smell like fish. Im not sure if that means it's broken or working perfectly, after all, this is Japan and everything smells like fish.

Tara - Always and forever!

tarakanderson said...

Hey! i am so glad that you are writing! Good for you and no... I won't judge you. Neither will anyone else... And if they do, let me know. I 'll go punch 'em. Who needs judgmental, hypercritical friends anyway? Not you!