Tuesday, October 16, 2007

OUT WITH THE OLD...
IN WITH THE NEW...Couch that is.Last weekend (when we were riding back onto base after our camping/biking trip we saw a sign for a furniture clearance sale. We had been looking for a new couch but hadn't found one that we liked enough to spend more than $200 on. Well we found this one and it was only $300 so we bought it. That old blue couch we had was given to us by a friend when we first got here to Japan. It worked okay as a couch but its better days were far gone. Sam wanted me to video him dropping it over the banister of our apartment onto the cement below. Sam's words "I'm not carrying that thing down the steps, it's already hurt my back enough." I didn't let him throw it off because we've got neighbors downstairs with kids. We did let it slide itself down the steps. If I had all the couches in the world to choose from I probably wouldn't have picked this one but we are so glad to have it and it can be spiced up a bit with some fun throw pillows.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

When we moved back to the US from Germany, our movers (German of course) dropped our couch over the balcony! And it wasn't an old couch headed for the trash! By the grace of God it survived the three story drop and is still sitting in our living room! They also didn't want to haul it down the stairs. I guess it's a guy thing?

Glory Laine said...

Love it. I want to take a nap on it.

KeriAnn said...

hey, i recognize that far-left picture hanging on your wall! good times.
and good find on the couch. it beats the old blue for sure. :)