Thursday, August 9, 2007


We swung by the park,
to swing on the swing,
while we heard the cicadas sing.
While we swung the cicadas sang.
We're glad they don't sting
while they sing
while we swing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great poem. It sounds like Dr Suess.

Matt

tarakanderson said...

Well, Matt and I sure think alike. I was reading through it and I wanted to say, "Are you going to be writing a Dr. Seuss Book?" and then I log on to leave a comment and see that Matt beat me to it. Now I look like a copycat... I'm really not, we just have been married so long that we think alike. Or maybe it's not even that. It's just that your poem is really good and actually really sounds like something Dr. Seuss could have written. I am so glad that you are doing more writing these days with your posts. They often crack me up!!!