Lola's first trip to the beach.
It was super hot and very sunny.
Daddy did a great job of setting up our shelter.
I went in the water and got splashed by the waves.
The water was salty, I know, I was tasting it on my finger tips.
Mommy got stung by a jelly fish.
Mommy got bit by a horsefly.
I don't think mommy had as much fun as I did.
She said we're not going back until I'm old enough to not eat the sand.
How old is that?

It was super hot and very sunny.Daddy did a great job of setting up our shelter.
I went in the water and got splashed by the waves.
The water was salty, I know, I was tasting it on my finger tips.
Mommy got stung by a jelly fish.
Mommy got bit by a horsefly.
I don't think mommy had as much fun as I did.
She said we're not going back until I'm old enough to not eat the sand.
How old is that?
3 comments:
You got stung by both a fly and a fish? I think that is some kind of record or something. You are a brave Mamma Jamma! I'm glad Lola had fun. She'll appreciate your sacrifice in about 25 years when she has her own children! Until then...I'll appreciate you for her :)
love,
jen
Oh my gosh. I LOVE these pictures.
Lola, tell your mommy that it's too bad she's not taking you back to the beach any time soon. She took SUCH cute pictures of you there. Explain to her how the reflected light at the beach creates great, warm but diffused light that makes your skin glow. It also makes it so your features are more clearly defined because there are not as many harsh shadows. You might be able to use this as an excuse to coerce her into taking you back to the beach. I know, I know, once her mind is made up and all that... But it's worth a try. You might suggest that next time she gets stung by a jelly fish that if daddy were to pee on the injury site it can reduce or eliminate the sting and help with the longer term effects.
As to your question regarding the age at which you will not longer be putting the sand in your mouth? I consulted with Olivia (age 2+ or 28 months in hyper-mom language) and she says "I don't know, I have not yet reached that stage." My guess is that by the time you are not putting sand in your mouth you will have a little sister or brother that is and then what? Probably if you just plan on the beach sometime after you get your driver's license. (sooner if you come with the cousins) Another idea though, just wait a little while, don't mention Mom's beach truama and maybe she'll forget. Moms get pretty forgetful after they have kids and this is definetly a weakness you can exploit. Try not to to pass the story onto anyone else so that she is not reminded and then, once you are fairly certain that she's forgotten, suggest a fun-filled afternoon with friends or daddy at the ocean. Let me know if any of these strategies are successful. Olivia may have some other ideas. You guys can talk later.
It was fun to hear you on my answering machine! Your voice is sounding so much more deliberate and mature. Are you coming this fall? We will put your visit on the calander. I love you and miss you.
Auntie Tara
P.S. Try not to do too much fussing over the next couple of days so that mommy can recover more quickly.
Post a Comment