Monday, January 31, 2011

If you haven't already noticed I'm a very inconsistent blogger. I'm working on this issue and have committed to 30 days of blogging or 30 posts (because I may do more than one post a day and lets not kid ourselves, it maybe many days before I post again). I've just posted the first one this morning and now I'm onto the next post....


Day 2: The meaning behind your blog name...
Well this is a good question indeed. My blog address is jengreeninjapan and that was the address I chose when Sam and I were starting our life together as we were newly married and just moved to Japan. It has been my blog home for 5 years. I'm seriously considering changing my address and revamping my blog a bit. Maybe a different direction for my blog will give me the boost I need to be more consistent. Honestly, the reason I'm not as consistent as I would like to be is because there are other things in my life right now that are more important, there are four of them. Sam, Lola, Amelia and Ellie. These four "things" are my favorite and spending time with them and meeting their needs are number one on my priority list. 

My blog is now named "From Florida With Love" and that name doesn't really have much thought put into it. Honestly I've never liked the name and just kept it because I wasn't updating much. 
Pretty much what you see is what you get. We're here in Florida with Sam's job and we are trying to keep our families and friends updated on our lives. I'm really ready to change this name too. I am still in Florida and I am still are sending my "love" but it's really not working for me. I have been thinking about a lot of different things and I'm feeling inspired to put more effort into blogging and keeping this thing up to date. It just might be the creative outlet that I need. 
So there you have it. The name/s of my blog is hopefully going to change once I come up with something that suites me and the direction I want to take with this blog. I will keep you posted and hopefully I can get it together before my 30 days of posts are up. 


Extra - as I'm writing this post I am using an updated version of blogger and it is so much easier than it has been before. What in the world took me so long to get around to updating to this version. I can already tell this is going to be fun. 
Anya, do you like Ellie's shirt? I love it. She is my littlest monkey! 

3 comments:

Chris Steele said...

So, did you know that you can schedule blog posts? Whenever I get a bunch of pictures or things to post, I tend to lump them all into one giant post. My family voted that they like things more spread out. I noticed that there is a "post options" button down by the publish/save buttons, and it allows you to set a date & time for a post to be published. So, I've been known to sit down on a weekend day and set up posts for the week to come. I'm not sure if that would be considered cheating on the whole 30 days thing, but it sure could come in handy!

anya said...

Oh my goodness, she is SO cute!!! love the shirt :)

nancygrayce said...

I have tried to schedule blog posts and I guess I'm not doing it right.

Love your blog. I try to be careful with explanation points! Whoops.