
Well I already told you about my nail biting tendencies. You might like to know I'm working on that one and I've found that if I paint my nails a bright or dark color it helps me keep my fingers away from my teeth. Right now I've got jet black nails and it's working nicely.
I have a good sized walk in closet and lately my habit has been to throw my clothes on the floor and then every once in a while I'll go in and clean and hang the clean clothes up and put the dirty clothes in the hamper and the shoes away. I have a dresser in my closet as well as hanging space so all my clothes except for jackets belong somewhere in that closet unless they are on my body or in the dirty laundry.
After I clean it thoroughly I can keep it clean for a week or so but then my nasty habit kicks back in and I let it get messy again. I don't like it but I love that there is a door on the closet so I don't have to look at it. I can blame my kids on the mess because after a day of teaching, training, playing, cooking, cleaning and everything else that goes into being a mom that loves her kids, I don't have the energy to clean it up. I might have just enough energy to hang up a pair of pants and fold a shirt but no more so I let the pile continue to grow until I can't stand it any longer. I never said I like this habit but it is still something that I let happen. Okay I can't and don't blame my kids for the mess. Its all me and my lack of desire to keep it clean. I can pretend I don't have the time or the energy but truth be told I have time and energy to do things I want to do. I just don't want to keep this area up enough. So I'm working on it now.

Now that I'm blogging about this habit I decided to fix it (I am a determined kind of person). I have cleaned up the closet and took pics. It's been clean since last Wednesday and has stayed that way. I'm loving it! I wonder what took me so long?
The pics don't show it super well but it's clean and neat feeling! I guess I should blog about other messy areas of the house that I can't seem to conquer, how about my craft area? Hopefully that will be next. (Technically the craft area is my entire house.)
PS - Think I have enough black tops/sweaters?

4 comments:
I am inspired! i just recently got rid of tons of extra stuff in my closet..the hard part is to keep putting it away...i do what you do...DID. I just throw my clothes off at the end of the day and there they stay...on the floor! But today i put it all away again and vacumed! i think keeping it clean makes me want to vacuum. and then i can keep it looking pretty :) thanks jen
I have this EXACT same problem. Only I have my closet open ALL the time, because when we bought our house the closet doors are the mirrored kind and the closet is right by our bed. Eh, no thanks ;)I will pick the stuff up once a week and then it ends up being the same after a few days. I just cleaned mine yesterday, but I am taking on your challenge and I am going to see how long I can keep it clean.
P.S.
I was a nail-biter for YEARS and found a new addiction...solar nails. My nails always look pretty and I never have my fingers in my mouth. The few times I have taken them off, I will start to chew again. It is a financial commitment, and it isn't a "pamper" treatment, but it is the one thing I won't mess with. I now color my own hair, found a budget hairdresser to cut my hair and wax my own eyebrows. But unless we really can't afford it, I have told my husband NOT to mess with my nail budget :) They always look nice and it is a refreshing change from the nubby look I used to have.
I am so glad that I am not the only messy closet person. I have the exact same pattern....I clean it so it's nice and pretty with everything hung up and off the floor and it looks awesome for maybe 3-5 days and then the piles start to grow and stay that way for a couple weeks before I get fed up enough to do something about it....and thus the miserable cycle begins!
OOPS! I didn't realize I was signed in under my hubby's google account! The one from "Curt" is really me!
Post a Comment