Saturday, January 29, 2011

Here are 15 "interesting" facts about me
and a recent picture
1. I have an unhealthy fear of rubber bands and squirrels.
2. I bite my nails and I HATE it!
3. That reminds me, I use exclamation points more than I should. I find myself writing a comment on a blog or facebook post and then delete it and start over because I used to many exclamation points. Is anyone else self conscious about their use of the exclamation point? I might not worry about it as much if I was someone who is always shouting. Trust me, I'm not, I just write like that. (I deleted about 3 exclamation points after the word "squirrels" in my first interesting fact. I'm pathetic.)
4. I rarely ever sneeze just once. The norm for me would be three sneezes in a row. They are quiet so they add up to be just like one big sneeze.
5. I HATE solitaire on the computer even more than I hate biting my nails.
6. I had really curly hair until I was 6 months pregnant with our 2nd daughter. I wish I would have been more grateful for the curls when I had them instead of complaining about it my entire life. I miss it.
7. I was "chubby" when I was in high school. Turns out it was from the inhaled steroid that I was taking for asthma. Nothing I can do about it now except burn my yearbooks.
8. The scariest moment of my life was when my oldest daughter was having a seizure. That was the worst! (I am completely confident in my choice to use the exclamation point for this fact.)
9. I love to knit. I could sit down and knit all day if I didn't have other things or children to take care of. I taught myself to knit using a book called "I can't believe I'm knitting." So now I can't believe I'm telling people I taught myself to knit when it was actually a book that I learned from.
10. I hated to read aloud when I was a kid. I'm not sure if I'm over that yet.
11. I can french braid my own hair. It looks best when I don't use a mirror.
12. Myers Briggs says I'm an introvert. I do too. ISFJ to be exact.
13. Sam and I would not have had more kids if we didn't have a baby swing when Amelia was a newborn. Amelia was a tolerable baby only because we had a swing to put her in. She tortured us. We're glad we didn't give up on her. She's so much fun (now).
14. I've been married twice to the same man.
15. When Sam was up for orders to his first duty station where we would live after we were married we thought we were going to Guam. I was okay with that, I verbalized that I'd go anywhere except Japan. Funny huh? Well we ended up going to Japan and I loved it. Three years and two babies later we left. We still miss it. Good thing I don't make the decisions.

7 comments:

Chris Steele said...

I tend to overuse both commas and exclamation points. Exclamation marks. Whatever. I also hate that I bite my nails. I can tell when I'm stressed and when I'm relaxed by the length of my nails. For example, for much of my maternity leave I had long nails, but as Christmas & visitors approached, they were short and gross again. A swing also saved our lives with Ellen; we had a travel swing, but had to upgrade to the big "nearly throw your baby out the window" kind for her. And finally, I'm afraid you'll need to clarify the bit about being married to Sam twice.

anya said...

i'm loving your updates:) are you following a 30-days of blogging guide?

thanks for your message this weekend; i'm going to call you soon!

p.s. I'm with you on the exclamation point thing... I've never noticed you overusing it (though I'm afraid I'm a culprit).

p.p.s. i love the new blog!

anya said...

p.p.p.s. so does your hair grow straight naturally now?!

February Jill said...

Married twice? That deserves a blog of it's own. (!!!)

Love hearing about your life in Florida. And, I'm trying to imagine you without curls... still trying! Maybe you could show a before and after pic?

Hope you guys are doing great,

Jill

tarakanderson said...

So glad you are blogging again! This is the writing that I LOVE and have missed!!! It's the real Jen, funny and sharp as ever. Yes, I worry about an over use of exclamations and I DO often rewrite my FB posts for that very reason. I also worry about my use of all caps since that is usually shouting. I hear it as italics in my head. Do YOU think that works? BTW, on number one? That should be like 20 exclamation points. NOT none. Let's be honest here. We are talking OCD proportions. Okay?

Anonymous said...

way to get your "homework" done! I worry about comma placements, exclamation points and run on sentences, but I am sure I will re-learn that portion when it comes time to teach it to our children. Loved reading your list.

The White House said...

hey jen! i love reading your posts! i also write with way too many explanation marks! but i don't care! it's just more fun! and! loud! that! way! omg! I didn't realize you lost your curls! sadness!