We're taking another serious shot at potty training...

since right before Amelia was born (almost 1 year ago) Lola went from being potty trained and spending her days in big girl underwear to the complete opposite. Since then she has not been interested in using the toilet consistently AT ALL and this has been making me crazy!
So I'm ready to try again and I think Lola is too. I got the idea for a potty chart with stops along the way from some friends from church here and I personalized it for Lola. Our friends who have done this same method have use princesses for their stops along the way. Lola has only seen a few disney movies and from the 2 she's seen I figured Tinker Bell would be the perfect motivator. I did make a slight adjustment and Tinker Bell has become "Tinkle Bell" (I know I
spelled "Tinkel wrong" but it was easier to just cut off the r and drawn in my own L. Don't tell Lola what she doesn't know won't hurt her or her chances of becoming potty trained by the end of the trail.
The plan is for every time she uses the toilet she gets a sparkle star and closer to the next tinkle bell. At each tinkle bell she get a gift from the tinkle fairy. Today she got play-doh. We made it to the first tinkle bell and are just as excited to make it even further.

Heres to hoping Tinker Bell inspires Lola to move on down the path towards being a big girl who tinkles in toilet all the time!!! I believe! Please everybody, clap your hands three time and say I believe in tinkle bell.
7 comments:
fun idea! you can do it lola chan! :)
cute chart! go lola go!
Don't forget the pixie dust!
We did something similar with Sam and it worked great! Of course now he still says things like "I'm going to use the potty even though I don't get a prize." I think he is a little disapointed in going with no reward, but he is potty trained so I'm happy!
That's a great idea! Looks like Lola's intently interested.
go Lola go!!
That is a great idea! I may try this myself, Kolbie, Sahaan and my 2 1/2 yr old, has gone and did good and now won't even consider it. GRRRR! Her brother and sister were easy peasey compared to her! Hope it works,
I do believe, I do believe, I do believe! :)
~Stephanie McKelvey
Post a Comment