Saturday, April 4, 2009

FINALLY...
Greetings from Panama City Beach, FLORIDA!
Here are a few somewhat random pictures of the last month or so. We've moved from Japan and stopped in WA for 3 weeks. Continued on to Florida where we lived in a hotel room for about 10 days while we house and car hunted. It was intense to say the least. We found a lovely home to rent for at least the next two years on a nice little cul-de-sac. 
Here are Lola and Amelia taking their first ride together in the Chariot. We rode down the road to a park that is close. The no-see-ems were biting us so we didn't stay long at the park. 
Here are Sam and Lola flying a kite for the first time. Lola has this obsession with bugs and they scare her. She doesn't like the sand because the black things in the sand must be bugs. 
This is why she's afraid of bugs. She got eaten by fire ants two days in a row. You can't tell in the photo but these bites were pretty nasty. I don't blame her for being afraid of all bugs.
This is Chris, Amelia and I painting our kitchen/breakfast nook. She came to visit us for the week and was very motivated to paint. We picked a color and completed the task in one day. Thanks Chris! The Chocolate Mousse still looks great!
Here they are!
Amelia
Lola's first major bonk in the new house. We didn't see what happened but Sam and I both came running from opposite ends of the house when we heard the thud. We've got pretty sharp corners.
Lola refining her potty chair refusal skills
More Amelia with the crazy hair
Sorry my blog hasn't been more lively. We have been kinda busy with everything. Oh I do have 1 picture on the wall and I hung up a calendar. We are still working on getting settled and getting over culture shock. It's been 3 years since we've lived in America and we've never lived in a house together as a family or married couple. We also never had so many things available to us like groceries in bulk. We are enjoying being in America and we are even enjoying Florida. Yesterday I spend most of the say freaked out because of the tornado warning that we keeping in my house. The major part of the freaking out was when I was hoping that Sam wasn't driving his motorcycle past the spotted tornado. I stopped freaking out when he made it home safely. Turns out he didn't actually see the twister he just knew it was really windy and rainy. I think he didn't actually see it because his helmet was to foggy to see much of anything.
Yikes! I was so relieved to see him pull into the garage. 
Lets see, what else has been going on. Monday I took a trip to the ER because I was having a major migraine. Who would have thought a migraine would cause your limbs to go numb. Well it went away and every thing seems to be okay now. I did have an MRI done today and wasn't informed until after the test that I wouldn't be able to breastfeed my baby for the next 24 hours! Thanks guy for telling me this after it was too late. Some people just don't have a clue. With a little help from my sister Tara and God's grace I was able to find the things I needed to make sure Amelia has food for the next 24 hours. 
Oh I know what I wanted everyone to know, we are now the proud owners of a mini-van! Yes the Green family has an em-van, a honda odyssey to be exact. It's grey and we've named it Homer.
Okay so maybe next time I post it won't be in 2 months. I can always hope.

7 comments:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

hey, nice pictures :) florida looks like fun! i can't believe how much hair amelia has. kiss lola for me!

Amy Allen (Troja) said...

Great post Jen. Love to read about your crazy life!

Amy Allen (Troja) said...

Grrr... That last comment says Amy (and this one will too, but it's really from Tara-She logged in on my computer)

tarakanderson said...

Love the picture of Sam and Lola flying the kite. TOO Cute! Also love Lola's potty chair refusal skills. Keep the sense of humor Jen. It will help you through!

Maureen said...

Love all the new pictures! Moving back from overseas was a big adjustment for us as well. It seems like it should be easy since we're Americans by birth and overall have spent more time here than there, but it's still a form of culture shock for sure.

It's been almost 3 years since we moved back from Germany and I STILL catch myself missing stuff from over there.

Maureen said...

What's an em-van? I don't know that short hand...

Amy Allen (Troja) said...

Love it.

Grrr... this says it's from Amy but really it's from Amy. She logged into my computer. I'm going to get her.