2008 - Year of Organization
This year I'm determined to become more organized in all aspects of my life.
Starting with my home. I live in an 1,100 square foot apartment with a ton of storage space. It feels like everything is in storage and I have to go hunting if I need anything.
So my one plan for this year is to be organized if it kills me.
Now this is where I need to get creative...I don't have a ton of organizational tools available to me here in Japan. Our base exchange has a few bins for storages but 3 is hardly enough. I will have to wait until they get more in but until then I'm just blog about organization.
I think that if this year I can become organized with my small living conditions and lack of resources I can make it a life long habit. Where is this coming from? Well as you know Sam gave me a sewing machine for my birthday and I've been using it and enjoying having it. In my house I have it on the kitchen table and have to bring everything out and put it all back everytime I want to work on my projects. I also like to make jewelry and cards and knit and other things. I don't have a craft room for such things and so I need to come up with a way to work on my projects and set them aside out of Lola's reach and then resume them again without them cluttering up my small living area.
SO THAT IS THE PLAN...ORGANIZATION IN ALL ASPECTS! I'll keep you all posted on how things are going So far I've been to the exchange and looked at the flat bins for under bed storage three times. This next time maybe I'll buy one and get to work.
(On a good note between starting this post and finishing it I organized my bathroom. Funny because that is already pretty well organized but it helps to go through it again and throw away things I haven't used for a long time. Am I the only person who has lotions and hair products that I haven't used in years but can't throw them out until now?)
Starting with my home. I live in an 1,100 square foot apartment with a ton of storage space. It feels like everything is in storage and I have to go hunting if I need anything.
So my one plan for this year is to be organized if it kills me.
Now this is where I need to get creative...I don't have a ton of organizational tools available to me here in Japan. Our base exchange has a few bins for storages but 3 is hardly enough. I will have to wait until they get more in but until then I'm just blog about organization.
I think that if this year I can become organized with my small living conditions and lack of resources I can make it a life long habit. Where is this coming from? Well as you know Sam gave me a sewing machine for my birthday and I've been using it and enjoying having it. In my house I have it on the kitchen table and have to bring everything out and put it all back everytime I want to work on my projects. I also like to make jewelry and cards and knit and other things. I don't have a craft room for such things and so I need to come up with a way to work on my projects and set them aside out of Lola's reach and then resume them again without them cluttering up my small living area.
SO THAT IS THE PLAN...ORGANIZATION IN ALL ASPECTS! I'll keep you all posted on how things are going So far I've been to the exchange and looked at the flat bins for under bed storage three times. This next time maybe I'll buy one and get to work.
(On a good note between starting this post and finishing it I organized my bathroom. Funny because that is already pretty well organized but it helps to go through it again and throw away things I haven't used for a long time. Am I the only person who has lotions and hair products that I haven't used in years but can't throw them out until now?)
1 comment:
Yes...I always have a ton of hair/body stuff that I get as samples that I swear one day I'll use. :)
Check out www.containerstore.com they don't ship to APOs but maybe someone in your family could ship it to you!
Post a Comment