Friday, October 19, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
(I am so loved & blessed)
I honestly couldn't be more excited about my new sewing machine
This is the one Sam got me for my birthday...it has 80 electronic functions!
It also comes with a 6 second needle threader, I am so hi-tech.
Thanks Sam, I love you!
He threw in this sweet kit for fun!
I can't wait to start sewing all the things I have in my mind's idea file. Only problem is Japan doesn't have a Jo-Ann Fabrics. How many yards are in a meter?

8 comments:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

i looked it up for you =)
1 meter = 1.0936 yards.. so not too different actually! hope that helps.

Maureen said...

That is so cool! You can order fabric from Joann.com I had to do that a lot in Germany! They ship to APO/FPO's.

Jen Green said...

Kristi - Thanks...I'll just have to bring you with me to the fabric store so we can do the math there.

Maureen - I already ordered some stuff from Jo-Ann (awesome coupon discounts)...my problem is that I don't like to wait and I want to feel the fabric before I buy it. Oh well....I'll take what I can get.

KeriAnn said...

what a great gift! you go, crafty chic!

Towheads said...

I'm so jealous! But really happy for you. So how do I get my hubby to buy one for me? Hmmmm.....

Bridget Beth said...

COOL! Happy Birthday! Your blog makes your life look so charmed. I hope you love it there.

I'm SO LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING DINNER WITH YOU when you get here!

P.S. I know I am way overdue with that thank you note!

Anonymous said...

Well, well - happy birthday! Can't beat Thai food and a high-tec object. : ) But, you can't say that you're old...'cause that makes me even older. : )

Jenny vick said...

I told Dj that if he ever bought me a sewing machine then He would be in big trouble :) But that's only because I don't sew....a bucket full of knitting needles and a gift card to my favorite yarn store~~~ Now there is Happiness :) I'm so glad that you can sew so well....I have barely started learning. Becky left me her machine when she went to London and I'm trying to figure it out...maybe someday you can teach me how to read a pattern ;) Happy birthday again!!!
jen