So much has been going one...but now hopefully I'll have time to catch up on the blog. I don't even have enough time to open Foxfire and blog with pictures and pretty colors.
This weekend was productive. Friday morning we said goodbye to Sam's mom. Lola blew her a kiss as her buss pulled out of the station on it's way to the airport. We were sad to say goodbye but we're excited to see her again soon. Sam worked on Friday so Lola and I just relaxed and took it easy. Saturday we hooked up our Voice over Internet phone so we can now be reached with a super easy 253 phone number. Email me if you want it! After working all day to get the thing up and running we wanted to go for a family bike ride. We got everything ready, Lola in the bike trailer, air in the tires and we were on our way to a little cafe for dinner. Halfway to our destination the heaven opened and we were nearly drowned by the rain. It was a monsoon. Minutes before the rain began we stopped and put the "rain cover" over Lola in the trailer so if it happened to rain she wouldn't get wet. Good thing. It was pretty intense getting rained on like that. It was also semi stressful riding in that kind of rain on a new and unfamiliar bike with my child in a trailer behind me. It was an adventure. We didn't get struck by lightning but we did see some. Lola was loving it! We must have looked pretty funny. Sam was riding without a shirt because I needed to borrow his. Lola was safe and sound in the bike trailer with her feet cozy on her sheepskin. We can't wait to do it again. Sunday we went to church. When we came home from church Sam worked on getting my bike all ready for Lola and I to take out on our own. He worked for a while before it all came together. Now I'll have riding adventures with Lola to blog about. Today is Monday here in Japan and I have all kinds of things I need to do today. There is a Typhoon passing and leaving us soggy so maybe today won't be a bike riding day. Once I get fenders on my bike I can ride in the rain without spraying water at Lola tagging along behind me.
1 comment:
Hey Jen!
I sent an e-mail to the address you listed in the Corban Today, but maybe it got lost in your spam folder?
Anyway, I love keeping up with your blog.
Send me an e-mail! :)
Alyssa H. (Corban alum, 2003)
Post a Comment