Lola's First Luau - Sunday after church, our little family went down Alaska Loop to Dragon Vale 514B for a going away Luau for Cheryl, Micheal and James Simmons.
It was a great time. The Luau was indoors because it was 90 degrees with 90% humidity and everyone at the party has a little one. We had burgers and hot dogs, potato salad, bean casserole, baked beans, and more. There was a lei for each adult which provided for a little excitement for me in particular. I was allergic to mine and my left eye was very angry for letting a piece of the lei get in there. It
reacted by becoming twice its normal size and changing color (from white to bright red). We enjoyed spending time with the other families and Lola got some interaction with the other kids. She did seem to be a bit overwhelmed by the crowd and the noise. She also wasn't a fan of being stepped on by one of the bigger little guys. She had the most fun right before she had her dinner. We were in the back room sitting on the bed. I let her roll around and play on the bed while another little guy was bouncing around on it. She thought that was the funniest thing she'd ever seen and wouldn't stop laughing. I think its like that first time you get on a trampoline and you just keep bouncing and laughing. It was pretty cute. I think Lola is a little observer. She loves to watch everyone and take it all in. She is quite content just sitting and watching everything go on around her. She'll chew on a book and watch the world go by. She is a day or two away from crawling so I think the observation mode will soon grow into experience/taste everything mode.
She already puts everything in her mouth that she can bring to it...soon she'll be bringing her mouth to those larger items that can't be lifted by her little hands.(About the pictures - Top left, Lola & Sam pose as Surfers! Top right, Lola being overwhelmed by the crowd. Bottom left, Lola & Sam chillin' on a bean bag enjoying the pork free Luau. Bottom right, Lola & Bella playing in Bella's play room.
1 comment:
I feel like I was there! Lola's overwhelmed face is so funny. She is so pretty in that dress. I hope your eye is better!
Post a Comment