Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sasebo Japan! Our new home!
As of now Sam and I are living in the Navy Lodge on the Navy base here in Japan. We are staying in room 2307 which is on the third floor of the lodge. We have a cool view out our window. We could jump out of the window and land in a waterway that is busy with Japanese fishing boats and some rather large boats. Just beyond the waterway is Sasebo. There are also some pretty hills. Every morning the sun comes up from behind those hills. I will post pictures once I'm more familiar with this whole blog thing.
We have been mostly eating in the galley but yesterday Sam had the day off to spend with me. We walked into the City and looked around. There is a cool park "Nimitz Park" right outside the base with a new astro turf soccer field. I was glad to see that. We walked through the park into the city and walked through a shopping area called the Ginza. I'm not sure if that is how it's spelled but it shounds like Gin-Za. We bought Haribo Gummy Bears (my favorite in the States) and we found some BBQ flavored potatoe chip things that we like. We know we like them because they were in our hotel room when we first arrived and we almost immediatly ate the whole bag. Then we strolled the isle in the supermarkets looking at the interesting food they sell. It was hard to even know what we were looking at let alone know how to prepare it. We were growing tired from the walking and found a Starbucks to sit down in and relax and enjoy a caramel Macchiato. (I should know how to spell that but I don't.) It was a great day!!!!

No comments: